Tuesday, November 10, 2009

October 2009 Wins

6th Oct: A book about wildlife arrived from DK. It appears to be a children’s book so will make a nice Christmas present for someone.

9th Oct: After entering a competition on the web I was informed that I’d won some cinema tickets, after looking a little deeper it appears we also get a goodie bag on the night and also entered into a draw to win a trip to New York.

12th Oct: Whilst sitting down to tea I missed a telephone call on my mobile. Luckily the lady who attempted to call me left a message. We’d won tickets to the musical ‘Chicago’ at the Palace Theatre staring Gary Wilmot. The production was excellent though Gary Wilmot was quite weak.

20th Oct: I received an e-mail to say I’d won tickets to see Phil Nichol at the Comedy Store, Manchester. It was an interesting venue. Unfortunately the act mistook being crude for being the same as being funny, the crowd did not agree. A number of people walked out in the middle of the performance, a further number of us did that British thing of staying put, applauding politely then moaning afterwards.

25th Oct: A coin celebrating the 50th anniversary of the mini arrived from the Royal Mint.

26th Oct: A bag of Taylors coffee arrived

27th Oct: I received an e-mail to say I’d won a signed Paolo Nutini CD and a Tunetribe t-shirt

28th Oct: Successfully applied for some preview screening ticket to see Harry Brown .

No comments:

Post a Comment