Tuesday, November 10, 2009

September 2009 wins

7th Sept: I received an e-mail which read:-

"I am pleased to inform you that you are the winner of our "Win a Holiday to Florida" competition, which we ran last month.

The prize is for a holiday for: Return flights for two adults and two children under 12 at the time of travel to Orlando, 7 nights accommodation in a family apartment on a self-catering basis, 8 days car hire. The prize is valid for 12 months.

Could I ask that you contact during business hours to confirm you eligibility for the prize and to talk you through what happens next.

Again, my congratulations on your win. I shall confirm this email to you with a letter sent by registered post".

We wrote back asking if we could extend the holiday by a further week at our own expense and if possible, if we could fly from Manchester. We received the following response:-

I have fantastic news for you!
 
I have booked this for you and as a gesture of good will (sic), we are going to cover the cost for an extra 7 days for you.
 
I will send out a letter in the post to you tonight so that you will receive it tomorrow.  The basic run down is:
 
Flying out from Manchester, staying at the Renaissance at SeaWorld on International Drive and 15 days car hire. 

I will put flight times etc in the letter.
 
If you could tell me the date you would like to do your Dolphin swim I will also have this arranged.

What a fantastic response. Turn out the prize also includes tickets to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and Aquatica

Also on browsing the internet I found that I had won £40 of Amazon vouchers from a site call Allworkandnoplay, which will be very handy for Christmas.

9th Sept: I received an e-mail that informed me that I won a hamper of Italian and Greek food and wine from Vickery.TV. Two large boxes arrived filled with mainly Italian goods – some interesting meals look likely to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment