Friday, March 16, 2007

Wins January 2007

10th January: A book arrived today from Travel Publishing entitled “The Hidden Places of Yorkshire”. It looks quite interesting and should provide some interesting weekend trips.

12 th January: On checking my e-mail I found I had won an Aston Martin driving experience. After receiving training from an instructor in a souped-up hatch back, I then get to take a Aston Martin DB9 for four laps of a racing track. The whole experience takes place at Prestwold Hall in Loughborough.

The entry form reads

“To celebrate the release of Crank, we're giving two lucky winners the chance to get an adrenalin rush of their own with an Aston Martin Experience at Prestwold Hall in Loughborough. This experience is in the DB9; an uncompromising 6 litre, 186mph speed machine. It looks and sounds fantastic, with V12 power that demands long straights and high-speed corners, and performance to stir the soul. You'll kick off with a short briefing from a qualified instructor. Then you're driven round two laps of the circuit in a hot hatch to learn the safe racing lines and best driving techniques. Then it's time to jump into the breathtaking DB9 for four exhilarating laps round a circuit which has been designed to put top class cars through their paces. Your driving will be assessed, and you'll walk away with a certificate”. Sounds good.
I was so excited about the above prize that I did not fully check the rest of my e-mails, it turns out that I had also won a £10 Amazon voucher from Gfk surveys. Always useful.

31st January: Returned home from my Champneys trip to find I had won a Celebrity Chefs Calendar, I can’t see this being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment